a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, December 07, 2015

Each Morning Upon Arriving


Hope you had a lovely weekend.
For me it was the last weekend of the 2015 One of a Kind Christmas Show. So the next few posts will be a continuation of my days there.






Every morning we would pass through the Prince's Gates. The central figure, of course, is Nike. Down below is this beautiful fountain which is surrounded by three of these "Forest" creatures.


For me, it was a great way to start each day; symbols of hope and strength. We arrive about 9:00 and pack up 12 hours later. So it is a long day. There are no windows, of course, so there's no telling what is happening outside. One morning I passed through the entrance doors to see the sun pouring through the glass front of the main hall. I had to nip out quickly just to look at the sun shining so brilliantly and the Prince's Gates glowing (unlike the above image).

No comments:

Post a Comment