a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Drawings and Sketches

Drawings from Last Year's Sketch Book
Behind the scenes there is always some drawing/sketching going on. To differentiate:by drawing I mean that a subject is being taken seriously and hopefully to completion, whereas sketching usually means that I am meandering about with no direction or intent.

Where as the Scribner/Bantam Dictionary describes drawing as:

draw /v 1 to pull or haul along; drag; 2 to pull out; haul up; 3 to infer, deduce; 4 to represent on paper

It goes on and on but not about the "drawing" that I'm writing about.

sketch /v 1 simple, quickly made drawing, often merely an outline; 2 outline, rough draft

I have begun a "collection"(my word) or "board" (Pinterest's word) of some of these drawings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment