a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

The Donkey Sanctuary


We made some time to go for a little road trip with our destination being the Donkey Sanctuary. I have wanted to go since last year when I was doing the drawings for my donkey.


Sparrow Avenue Donkey Pillow
The  property was much larger than I had imagined it would be, with lots of rolling hills and big open sky. It was a perfect day.



Also, to our surprise, the place was mobbed with visitors, which is great for the sanctuary as they need plenty of support to keep the sanctuary running.







It would have been grand to have been able to use some of those beautifully weathered barn boards for my booth. This shot also shows how large the barn is, for in the previous image, the boy and donkey are standing just to the right.

I would have loved to have stayed longer, but there were just too many people around to actually get some nice shots of the donkeys.
We ate our picnic lunch, and the "girls" had their picnic too before we headed off to our next destination...


A Noon Day Snooze

No comments:

Post a Comment