a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

New Art Festival, Ottawa, part 2

Sparrow Avenue, at The New Art Festival
The final day at the New Art Festival saw a huge dent in my wares. Especially the contents of the suit case!
It proved to be a very hot day and I was thankful for the breeze even though it rattled the tent a fair bit. The walls  were kept off in order to reduce the potential "sailboat" effect.

All in all it was one of the best summer shows in which I have participated. And I would like to extend a big thank you to all the organizers, volunteers and, last but not least, all the people who attended the show and showed their support for Handmade.

By the end of the day we were packed and gone in 45 minutes despite the heat and the "hill" we had to climb up and down to reach our vehicle. Roxy and Sonee made me proud the whole time. They followed me back and forth to relay all the paraphernalia of a show to a closer location to the exit. And then they stayed with that pile as it was relayed up the hill to the vehicle. People were so impressed. How could I not be proud of them?

We drove "home" picking up dinner on the way and ate in the dining room of the Airbnb, after-which the girls and I went down the street to the big park.......more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment