a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Idiosyncrasies

Beaver and Grizzly
There are times when I really have to psyche myself into doing something that I'm really not at all sure about. I guess everyone comes face to face with uncertainty now and then. Eventually it's "Damn the torpedoes" and just do it already!

The beaver isn't my most idiosyncratic screen, but it does have it's peculiarities, and can be quite temper-mental. My test of him printed with my right hand is shown here along side an earlier test of my grizzly bear which was done before the accident. It's a good print, he turned out way better than expected considering it was a first try. But like I had mentioned yesterday, without mistakes, it's difficult to learn. Subsequently, the rest of my attempts weren't as good. 

Rather than persevering, I turned my attention to other tasks.

Sparrow Avenue Raven Tea Towel
 You can find this 100% Linen Tea Towel in the shop.

Here in Canada it is Thanksgiving.
I hope everyone has a beautiful
mid-October weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment