a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Printing


My first attempt at printing with my right hand (I'm a lefty). I knew the first try would not have favourable results which was great because I would learn far more from it than if I had an acceptable print. Look closely and you will see that the details around the eyes are "flooded". That's not a good thing.


The second attempt was right on the mark. The eyes now have their detail which is so important.
But oddly, it wasn't the printing I was as concerned about as the cleaning up afterwards. Washing the screen wasn't too bad; I could do that one-handed alright, but it was the toweling dry that I found awkward and slow. 
Well, being able to print
is the main thing.
Once I can print,
I can clearly sew.
And once I can sew,
I can produce!

1 comment:

  1. "Flooding" is such a great term. I can see other applications for it.
    So glad to see such progress so soon!

    ReplyDelete