a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, February 09, 2015

Pattern Designs

copyright B. Di Lella pattern design 1 2015

Hope it was a good weekend for everyone. Last week I saw a robin. That may not seem strange to some but the earliest I've ever seen one here in southern Ontario was the end of February, not the beginning. So from that I'll take it that spring is just around the corner!

Last week I wrote about the book, Mastering the Art of Fabric Printing and Design by Laurie Wisbrun and since then I have been playing around with pattern ideas. I started with the one shown above and slowly progressed to a little bit more detail...


Copyright B. Di Lella pattern design 2 2015

I'd work in the early morning hours when there are no distractions.



copyright B. Di Lella pattern design 3 2015

I hardly ever start out with a preconceived idea. I sort of feel my way around the thing. Sometimes I do something that doesn't quite work and I'll start again.




copyright B. Di Lella pattern design 4 2015

You can see how I'm becoming a little more sure about the work.



copyright B. Di Lella pattern design 5 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment