a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Thank You

Daniel Pollak, Bee Brooch with Swarovski Crystals
As anyone who knows me, will tell you, I'm not a glittery, jewelry type of person. But there is something about Danny's work that makes one feel special. As I had mentioned the other day, I have bought from Danny many times over the years, usually gifts for others although I have one very special piece of his that is devoid of glitter and interestingly, it has two bees in its design. This is the "quietest" of pieces that I could find amongst Danny's alluring display and of course, I love it.

Boogaloo Bubby Wear
 Early one morning I went around to record some of the work that I loved the most. Boogaloo Bubby Wear was very close to my booth and I just fell in love with this little penguin pulling a wagon with a toy rabbit.

Graham Blair, Dragonfly woodcut
I must have met Graham a few years ago when he came to my booth to buy gifts for his children. When I learned that he printed from woodblocks, I was sure I would love his work. There is a quality about woodblock printing that doesn't compare to any other form. Look closely and imagine cutting those tiny wing sections from wood and then see how evenly it prints. True artistry! 

Sarah Hillock
 I've watched for Sarah's work for years; totally blown away by her capability of drawing with a paint brush on mylar. She is absolutely amazing. And I must say, I'm not alone with my opinion especially after the number of red stickers on her wall and the new work showing up on a daily basis!


In closing, I would like to say thank you to all the people who came to the One of a Kind Christmas Show and supported handmade. Without you, we could not continue to do what we love to do. Art is so important to everyone's daily life, there is no doubt in my mind about that.
Thank you so much
for supporting 
Handmade
and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment