a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Vintage Fabric


A little while ago my mom surprised me with a bag of old scrap material. At first I thought: O no, what's she giving me now? 

Let me explain: my mom never throws anything away. Every little scrap, no matter how small or insignificant, is horded away for some future use. Usually it's scraps of paper. But this time it was fabric and she had finally decided that "some future use" was for me to figure out.

Well, most of the content of the bag was unsalvageable; scraps to tiny to sew. However, in amongst that were scraps that I recognized!

The rust coloured fabric was one of the first sewing projects I had to do back in Grade 7! (I told you she never throws anything away)
And the floral material I had made into a summer top that I wore til it was thread-bare.

Back in those days I had no sewing machine. Everything was Sewn By Hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment