a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Grizzly Bear, Stage 2

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Grizzly Bear, 2016
The grizzly bear is moving further along. Here he is in the beginning of the inking up stage. As always, I can only start the body first. I want to know that I am capturing the weight an shape of him. It would make sense to do the face first, because if I blow that then at least I haven't wasted too much time. But the face makes me nervous: so much detail and expression. 

My thinking is, if I understand his body, I'll understand his character so much the better to move on to the face. Also, it allows me that extra time to clue into any "mistakes" I may have made in the face. So far, so good...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment